Hello wonderful person you! Congratulations on empowering yourself to build your VERY OWN website. I certainly can’t wait to guide you through this over the next few weeks.
Below you will see links to certain PDF’s, resources and websites which will you will need to refer to when going through this course.
All of the video content will be uploaded here each week after our session (broken into subject matter) so you can refer to it for your “homework”. You will see links below.
Zoom times & links will be posted in the Facebook Group for each week so look out for those.
Here are you instructions to get you started.
Download my free eBook – Getting Online with Authenticity & without Overwhelm to prepare your branding, copy and general idea of your who, what, how & why of your business, which is integral to good website design.
Download the Themes & Plugins (scroll to the next section) and save them to a folder which you can access for our first session.
Go to this page in the Members Area to follow the steps to purchase your Domain name and Hosting and then installing WordPress. We will need this to be done before Session 1.
Download the Step-by-Step How to as a follow along to the Course under Resources below. This will be fantastic to refer to as we go through the steps.
Join the Facebook group – where you will be able see Zoom times, ask questions during the week and receive notifications.
WORKBOOKS & PDF’S:
- Week 1 Workbook
- Images & Optimisations for Week 2 reference
- Week 2 Workbook
- Week 3 Workbook
- Week 3 – Setting up your Mailchimp and integration
I have embedded all of Elegant Theme’s Divi videos right here in the membership area (head over to Videos in the menu bar to view).
Elegant Themes as a wealth of knowledge in their blog which is here: https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/
If you want to go over any points from our session – here is instructions provided by Elegant Themes (the developers of Divi) themselves: https://www.elegantthemes.com/documentation/
- I use Codecanyon by Envato – click here to visit
- For Divi specific plugins and to extend your Divi Theme these are great places to visit: Divi Space, Elegant Marketplace, & Divi Cake to name a few.
- I absolutely LOOOOVE Creative Market – click here to visit. They have cheaper fonts, but not all of them have web licences to use as a font on your website.
- For speciality fonts I love Myfonts.com – you can download your very own branding font and get licences for your website as well.
- To pick your website fonts – go to Google Fonts. Divi allows you all of the Google Fonts and you can get ideas of font pairing on the Google Fonts website.
- If you are a member of Adobe – you can use TypeKit fonts which can be integrated into your apps.
- For brilliant free stock images go to: Unsplash, Pixabay
- For paid stock images you can visit: Shutterstock, iStockPhoto, Pexels, Big Stock & 123rf or Dreamstime. Each one has different ways you can pay, but only use theses if you get stuck.
- Again – I love using as it Creative Market has cheap, quality images which are good for headers, background etc.
- Canva (free & paid) – comes for Desktop and iPad & phone apps)
- Adobe Photoshop (as part of Adobe Cloud – paid)
- Color Story (great image editor for Instagram & facebook. I use this exclusively) (App on iPhone)
- Wordswag gets a mention here because its that fantastic app that does quotes for
Instagram – (App on iPhone)
- Mailchimp (free until 2000 subscribers) – sign up here.
Below are templates for Facebook Group & Page headers, header for your website, Call to Action sizes etc, that you can import into your image editor and use.
- Download the Universal Facebook Group & Page header templates
- Sample Branding Board
- Sample Colour Chart
- Gold Foil for borders – large
- Header size: 1600 x 850 pixels
- Call to Action size: 600-800 pixels wide x ratio height (whether you want it square, portrait or landscape)
- Instagram tile size: 1000 x 1000